If you are eager to travel to Australia, one of the questions running through your mind is the type of visa you should apply. The purpose of your travel is an essential factor to consider before applying for a visa. While some people apply for education visas and job permits, most people travel to Australia as tourists, or for business. In the latter case, the most common visa is the Electronic Travel Visa. Here is a brief look at some basic information on ETA visas.
Features Of An Electronic Travel Visa
An Electronic Travel Visa, otherwise known as an ETA, permits you to visit Australia as a tourist or for business. With this type of visa, you are allowed entry into Australia as many times as you wish for a limited period of one year. You can apply for an electronic travel visa through the immigration services, or through an online portal.
Requirements For An Electronic Travel Visa
To qualify for an ETA visa, you should meet the following basic requirements:
• A resident outside of Australia
• A passport holder
• Must test negative for tuberculosis
Must not have a conviction of more than 12 months
Implications Of An ETA Visa
When you get your ETA visa, you can expect the following implications:
• The visa is valid for a year from the time of issue and allows you a maximum stay of three months. This means you are free to travel out and in Australia for a year.
• The visa permits you to travel to Australia for sporting and cultural activities, trade conferences, brief medical appointments, and business trips
• The visa permits you to study but only for a short period. This means you can only try out short courses with this visa. For long courses, you had better apply for a study visa.
• The visa prohibits you from engaging in any paid work during the course of your stay in Australia
• The visa does not guarantee you safe access to Australia. The visa only gives you a ticket to travel on the plane. When you arrive in Australia, you are under the mercies of the customs officials. These officials will review your credentials and vet you to determine whether you are fit to enter the country.
How To Apply For An ETA Visa Online
You don’t have to go to the immigration services to get a visa necessarily; you can make your applications online. Many online portals such as Australia eta, allow you make a fast visa application without the red tape and long queues you are likely to experience at the immigration department. The ETA visa is linked to your passport number, and you are only allowed to apply online if you are a member of the countries listed in the ETA visa program.
The steps for applying for an ETA Visa online are as follows:
Step One: Complete the online application form for an ETA Visa with the following information:
• Your identity
• Passport information
• Type of ETA visa you’re applying for, i.e. business or tourist
• Home address
Step Two: Pay the application fee and processing costs
Step Three: Wait for an email confirmation, usually in less than seven days. The email will not only confirm the approval of your application but also have an attachment, which is a copy of your visa.
Step Four: If your visa is denied, you will receive an email indicating the reasons for the rejection. In cases of refusals, you can appeal at the consulate or embassy.
Did You Know Surf Is The Sports Symbol of Australia
While some people who take visas to study in Australia talk fondly about its amazing sites and excellent food experience, it is also a sporting destination. Indeed, Australia has one of the most amazing restaurants with mouth-watering cuisines, but it is also home to the world’s most stunning beaches. Many people regard Australia as the surfer’s paradise. Australia has the most fantastic beaches which are the favourite hangouts for surfers. One of the country’s renowned beaches is Bells beach. This beach is known as the host of the world’s longest consecutive surf race, known to many as the “Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach.” Other amazing beaches include Manly Beach, Bondi Beach, Pambula Beach, and Lennox Head.
Australia is a fun place to travel to as a tourist and also on a business tour. The most common visa for tourists and people in business is the ETA visa. This visa can be acquired by applying through immigration services or online portals. The main requirements are that you are a resident outside of Australia, have a passport, and do not have tuberculosis. You should also have no serious convictions. When entering Australia, do remember that government monitoring of everyone’s internet activities through metadata is legal. You can take precautions such as the use of an Australian VPN to encrypt your online activities. Australia is cherished for its pleasant climate, warm residents, and comfortable lodgings. It is no wonder it is regarded as one of the favourite tourist destinations in the world.